Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Very Long 10 Days

Rex has been in Mexico since Sunday October 19th. I have been playing single mother ever since and as many of you know I am TERRIFIED to sleep home alone when he is gone!! I know, I know, I am 27 years old I shouldn't be scared but I am. The first 5 nights Rex was gone, Tyson (Janeal's husband) was out of town too. I packed up the girls and myself and spent the nights with Janeal. We had a lot of fun, we rented chick flicks about every night and stayed up and watched them after we got the kids in bed. It was so nice to be able to spend the time with her before she moved away. :( The next five nights I had just planned to go to my Mom's house and spend the time there but she wouldn't let Fred come to her house and stay over, so I decided to try staying at home alone. I had so many nice friends call and offer to sleep with their phones so I could call them anytime. Thanks, so much to all of you who helped me conquer my fear. I DID IT!! I slept home alone for 5 nights and I made it without freaking myself out too badly!! I know it doesn't seem like a big accomplishment to most, but it was a huge accomplishment for me!! Thanks to everyone who gave me the moral support I needed. Rex will be home tonight and I am SOOOOOOO excited to see him. We have never been apart this long since we have been married and I miss him so much!

12 comments:

The Michiganders said...

Way to go--that can be hard. My hubby went to Gemany for 2 weeks and while he was away--we had an ice storm. The power was out for four days and we had to go live with a friend.

Glad you had some sister time. That always helps.

Holly said...

Oh Zach is out of town too right now so I feel your pain! You go girl! It took me quite a while before I could stay home alone too! :)

Head Over Hills said...

Way to go. I just conquered that same fear a couple weeks ago. I was so proud of myself. I'm so proud of you too. It's not easy to stay alone.

SueAnn said...

I am so happy for you that his time away it finally coming to an end, yea!!

lexie said...

I totally feel ya! I hate it when Spencer is on call and has to stay at the hospital. But I am getting use to it since it is a weekly thing. It is kinda funny that so many of us moms are so scared to be alone at night. You would think that we would love the quite times!

Amberlee said...

Yay for you that he comes home!!! It stinks to have them gone huh? I'm proud of you that you finally conquered your fear of being home alone. It's so not fun to be home alone, but trying to pack up and go somewhere else is such a pain!

JANEAL said...

Yeah you did it!!! Did you ever get any sleep though? I'm glad Rex made it home safe. Happy Anniversary!

Clyde Family said...

I hate sleeping alone. Well i guess i am more scared of that because we live out in no mans land and so it makes it even worse. good to hear you made it.

christine said...

Good job for making it 5 nights on your own (and the other 5 at your sister's too!). I know exactly how you feel. Jim has been traveling for years now, and I used to be so scared at night. Every little sound would freak me out and I didn't dare close my eyes or turn out the lights. I never got any sleep! I occasionally get scared when he travels now, but I'm to the point where I've gotten so used to him being gone, that after a few days of him home, I want him to leave again (ha,ha). Doesn't having them gone make you realize how much you love them even more and the only thing you can think of is holding him again? Glad he made it home! Be careful, don't you know this is how babies are conceived?

Brenda said...

Just thought I would leave you a comment-so as not to endure any more crap! J/K- See, I remembered the just kidiing that time:) Anyhow- I am also quite proud of you- I stayed by myself, but I don't think I have conquered that fear- I still hate it:( Glad the hubbo is back, and I am sorry you were sick. Were you too sick to do anything for your anniversary? Hope everyone is returning to health, and I will bring some of that Mucinex stuff to the activity tomarrow, if you want to give it a try. Are you starting to think of me as the drug lady? I am always passing them around!

Alison said...

It's so hard to stay home alone. I hate that too! I'm glad you made it and that he's home again!

Sidney said...

I feel your pain, I have a way to wild imagination! What games did we play as kids to be such scaredy cats? Anyways, I had to stop watching CSI and Criminal Minds or anything that would freak me out, and ever since then I've been fine. I know what it's like to be a single mom!!!