Monday, June 9, 2008

Tabrie's Piano Recital


Tabrie had a piano recital Saturday morning at 10:30. We had to go clean the church before the recital so, I was a little nervous because she didn't get to practice before we went. I didn't have anything to worry about. She did awesome, she didn't make even one mistake. I think I was more nervous than she was, didn't even seem nervous at all. She got up announced her name and the song she was playing then she sat down and played it perfectly. This only her second recital but her first one she did a duet with her teacher. She has only been taking piano since September, but she sure has picked up on it quickly. She practices most days without complaining and she can figure out most of her songs by herself and she is really doing good with her sight reading. We are very proud of her, she is doing so great!

8 comments:

JANEAL said...

Way to go Tabrie! We would have loved to come but Carter would have been a bit of a distraction.

Holly said...

How fun. I wish I would have stuck with piano! That's great that she is picking it up so quickly!! :)I can't wait to see what recipes you guys make on the cookin' mama's blog, so tell the girls to get em up quick. :)

Amberlee said...

That is so awesome! I sure wish that I could play the piano. I still really want to learn! Maybe Tabrie will get good enough to teach me!

SueAnn said...

That is so fun! I love to play the piano, but just not in front of people. I had a bad experience my first recital and since them I am terrified of playing in front of others...I know I am weird! Way to go Tabrie!

Brenda said...

I'm gald we got all those lovely items cleaned up from the chapel so you could make it to the recital on time! I always get nervous at Morgan's recital's as well, but they always seem to do great!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tabrie! I think that's so cool that she likes to play. She's such a sweetheart :)

Alison said...

Oh how fun! I would love to have one of my kids in piano lessons. I remember piano recitals used to make me nervous when I was younger. Great job Tabrie on being so brave!

The Michiganders said...

I WISH that my two girls would practice without complaint. I am always trying to come up with a new idea to encourage them. It is great to see it all pay off at recital time.