Friday, June 13, 2008

Tags

I was tagged by Brenda but, I am not too sure about this one! I don't know if I want everyone to know all of this weird stuff about me! Here it goes.

6 unspectacular quirks about me:

One:
I don't really like to have large groups of people come over to my house. I know it is weird but for some strange reason I don't like to entertain people. I love to get together with friends and family but I just don't like it to be at my house. (I know it is rude to not take your turn so I really need to get over it.)

Two: I always talk to myself. I have full on conversations with myself and lots of times I even answer my own questions. I got it from my mom, when I was little I remember she used to open the mail and she would say "what is this ?" then in the next breath she would answer herself. I hope that this doesn't make me crazy!!

Three: I am terrified to sleep at home alone! I am 26 years old and when my husband goes out of town 99% of the time I pack us up (the girls and I) and we go and sleep over and my mom's house. I wish that I wasn't scared but if I stay home I don't sleep at all. I was hoping that I would out grow this but I haven't yet.

Four: I can't make a decision without consulting someone. It drives Rex crazy, I always say I like something but I won't buy it until I call Janeal have her come and look at it. Rex says "you don't have to ask your sisters opinion on everything." I just don't trust my own judgement and I think that she has good taste.

Five: I can't stand it when my house gets messy. I freak out! If my house isn't clean I am not a very nice person. I have had so many people tell me that there are more important things in life then a clean house, and I agree but it isn't in my personality to let my house go. I need to spend more time with my kids but I can't relax until my house is clean.

Six: I don't have a creative bone in my body! I don't know how I got this way because my Mom and sister both enjoy doing crafts and scrap booking. I do not at all. If I make something I always think it looks ugly and I won't display it anyways. I have no desire to do anything that involves crafts or scrap booking. I also don't know how to decorate, so all of the walls in my house are bare. I would love to pay someone to come in and decorate my house for me, but I am too cheap for that.

Wow, I am glad that is over. Now that you all know so many of my bad qualities. I now tag Holly, Stacey, Alison, and Amberlee. Enjoy doing this one ladies! :)

{Mommy Tag}
1. What time do my kids wake up? Most days they are up by 7:30
2. On a good night, what time do my kids go to sleep? 8:30 or 9:00
3. How long have I been a mom? 7 1/2 years
4. How old was I when I became a mom? 19 ( I know it is young)
5. What's my favorite kids' show? High School Musical
6. My least favorite kids' show? Sponge Bob
7. Favorite chore? Vacuuming
8. Favorite meal to cook? Anything on the grill. I love grilled meats and vegetables.
9. What's the meal cooked most often? Spaghetti and garlic bread
10. What's your kids' favorite meal? Pizza
11. What's my favorite thing that Rex does with the kids? Takes them dirt biking
12. What are the 5 things that make me smile while being a mom? The hugs and kisses, when they smile, when I check on my kids and they are asleep, to see them playing with each other, and the way the call each other by their nicknames (I think it is so cute!)
13. Where do you want to take your kids someday? To Florida
14. When was the last time Rex and I went out - without kids? I honestly can't remember, probably on Rex's birthday.
15. One thing you said you would never do as a mom? Take my kids out of the house in their PJ's.
16. Favorite past time with my kids? Playing games or going on bike rides
17. Favorite quality that my mom has? She is very giving and loves to help others.
18. Advice for new moms? Write down the firsts. (First words, when they started to crawl, and walk ect...) I didn't and I can't remember when they did things for sure. I have an idea but I don't know exactly, I really wish I would have written it down.
19. What's a scary or heartbreaking moment you've had? Tabrie refused to eat as a baby, I kept telling the doctor that there was something wrong with her and he wouldn't believe me. We finally got him to believe us and we had some tests done and we did find out what was wrong with her but it was very scary.
20. When was the last time your kids said I love you? When I tucked them in tonight.

I tag Janeal, Brenda, and Alison.

12 comments:

Brandi said...

Don't worry I am still scared to stay in my house by myself too. Mitch had scout camp this weekend and I think that it was the first time I made it through that night with out him and didn't get scared. I think I was just to tired to even think about it.

Holly said...

Well, now I feel bad that we are doing the recipe group at your house next! I hope it does'nt stress you out too much... :) I loved reading more about you. It cracks me up these quirk tags! If I can think of anything else to share I'll do it! :) haha.

JANEAL said...

Of course I already knew all your quirks. Way to go, now everybody will know you don't want to have recipe group at your house....way to make us all feel welcome! We both know I hate sleeping home alone too...you're not alone on that one. You know it wouldn't bother Rex so much if you wanted someone elses opinion, it bugs him because it's always my opinion you want. Thanks for thinking I have good taste.

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to think of the quirks I have so that I can post them. I have been having a hard time thinking of anything. But then I read your post. I am exactly like you. I could copy and paste that into my blog and it would be 100 percent accurate. Maybe we are the normal ones and everyone else is quirky:) Too bad I don't live by you- I think we have a lot in common.

Head Over Hills said...

I'm so sorry- I have been working on my parents blog. I just posted a comment as GPA and GMA, that's my parents. Sorry about that!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Yes I love the clean house comment, because I get anxious and mean when my house is messy too. I laughed really hard at this post, cute!

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I think I could have guessed all your quirks :)! Atleast you were honest, right?

Amberlee said...

Nothing new there! I think that I knew all of those quirks probably sadly because I am the same way! What a fun tag though. I need to do it soon!

Natalie♥ said...

Those were fun to read Nichelle!! You are so sweet :)

Brenda said...

So, here is my comment, just a little late! I too thought it was very funny, I can claim all of those quirks myself!!! Don't worry, I am way older than you and still don't stay by myself! The bad news is, I don't know that it is something we are going to grow out of!HA HA!

Robison's said...

I thought that quirk tag was cute. It's fun to read about things like that. I hate it when my house is messy. I run around the house straightning it up before I can ever sit down. Jordan is always telling me to relax.

Alison said...

You are cute Nichelle! What fun tags! I hate staying home without my husband too. And fun Mom tag! Every mom needs to do that one! Thanks for tagging me. I can't wait to get to it!