Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to School

I know I have said this a million times but I can't believe that summer break is over and the kids have gone back to school already! Thursday was Briley's 5th birthday and her very first day of all day kindergarten. I was so scared for her, but when I dropped her off she was so excited to be there. I kept saying "Mommy is going to leave now". She just said "Ok Mommy". I think deep down inside I wanted her to act at least a little sad that I was leaving but she wasn't sad at all. In fact when I went back to the school to have lunch with her she wasn't all that excited to see me. She sighed and said "No, Mom why are you here?" Talk about heartbreaking, here I am thinking that she is going to be so happy to see me and I have embarrassed her by coming. She did however let me sit and have lunch with her.

She loves her teacher and loves school so far. She says that her favorite part is recess but I know that she like class too because she is always telling us what they learned. I just can't believe that I have both of my kids in school full time. I can not believe that they grow up so fast.

(I know that this isn't a great picture, the sun was in their eyes)
Tabrie is in 2nd grade now! I can't believe that either. I remember just like yesterday dropping her off for her first day of pre-school and now she is a big second grader. She was so excited to go back to school. She loves that she can socialize all day with her friends. She was pretty lucky this year, she got quite a few friends in her class and a really great teacher. I am getting used to dropping her off at school but it was still hard, I am really going to miss spending time with my kids during the day. I know that they are glad to be back in school (at least for a few more days).

9 comments:

Alison said...

They are SO cute! It's so hard for a mother's heart to send her kids back to school and then realize they are fine and happy and don't need us! But I guess better that way than having to push them into the school. At least you know they're loving it! What beautiful girls!

Head Over Hills said...

Your girls are adorable. I too am having a little bit of a hard time with back to school. Isabell starts first grade on Monday. She will not be sad at all. She is so excited to be going to school all day. It will be a strange experience for me to have her gone for 7 hours instead of three. I'm glad your kids are loving it.

Holly said...

Crazy that both of your kids are in school now. THey sure are cute. I don't ever want to have to take Brooklyn to kindergarten.... too bad we can't freeze them at 4 forever. :)

JANEAL said...

Sorry Briley didn't cry when you dropped her off. She is such a cute little kindergartener. Hopefully Tabrie likes having her little sis at school with her.

SueAnn said...

It is hard to believe that your kids are so big! That cake is so dang cute! Happy Birthday Briley!!!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I saw Briley at school with her cute birthday hat! stacey got a cute picture of it so make sure that you get a copy! It's true, it really does feel like summer just passed us by.

Amberlee said...

Happy Birthday Briley! I can't believe summer is over either. I must say that it's kind of nice having the kids back in school though. It's so quiet around our house. I'm so glad that Briley had a good first day of kindergarten. It's way better to be worried over nothing than to have your fears come true (that she'll be scared)!

Anonymous said...

I know it!! I will miss summer, too. I cannot believe your baby goes to school all day long!! Mal was the same way. She just shouted bye mom from accross the room. It makes me sad, but it would be worse if she didn't want to go. Oah, and happy birthday riley!!

Anonymous said...

Tabrie has a cute friend-! I think that picture's my fault, I had them look that direction dang it. Briley makes me laugh "no, mom why are you here". She is a teenager in a 5 year old body!