Friday, August 1, 2008

The Girls New Favorite

My girls have a new found love. Rex bought an old 1981 Jeep about a year and a half ago. He as been working on fixing it up ever since. He has this picture of what he wants it to look like when he is done, but it an expensive little project. He buys parts for it here and there, last year he got it Line-X yellow (which made it look 100% better than the camo that he bought it with). He just got seat belts put in so now he can take the girls for rides. I can't believe how much they love riding in it. They ask every night if he will take them for a Jeep ride. I think it must be the fact that it doesn't have a top and they think that is the coolest thing ever. I never thought I would say this but it is pretty fun to ride in but it doesn't have doors on and I am scared that I will fall out. My girls have a new favorite thing, and their Daddy thinks it is pretty cool that they love his Jeep, because he loves it too.
We are getting all ready for the school year to start. I can't believe that school starts this week. I also can't believe that both of my kids are going to be in school this year 5 days a week. I am kind of sad, I will be at work the whole time they are at school but it is just so weird. This has been such a quick summer. We did get to go to Park City last weekend and do some school shopping. We found some great stuff and had a great time with our kids.
We have really been enjoying the Olympics this year. It has been fun to watch, I can't believe how talented all of the athletes are. They totally amazes me. I hope that everyone has a great last week of summer

11 comments:

JANEAL said...

It's gotta be because there is not top on the jeep. Remember when we were little we thought convertables were the coolest thing ever? Can't believe Briley is going to be 5 this week and going to kindergarten.....it makes me sad to think about it. I'm glad I don't have to drop her off at school...I'd cry.

The Michiganders said...

That will be such a fun memory of daddy-daughter time as they get older!

TEAM HATHAWAY said...

Okay Nichelle, you have to give me the -ok- to have you on my "favorite blogs" list...I'm too lazy to search it the other way, and I'm constantly looking to see what you've added. P.S. can I have a ride? Will Rex let you take it out one BUNCO night =) HEEHEEHEE!

SueAnn said...

That looks like a lot of fun!! Summer pasted us by way way to fast!

Alison said...

That is an awesome jeep! I bet your girls really do love it! I love shopping in Park City too, I'm sad we didn't get to this year. Enjoy your last few days of summer!

Holly said...

That is SO fun! I am LOVING the yellow! I'd ride in it too!! How fun!

Brenda said...

It is also awfully good at hauling coolers!!! I love the things kids love to do with thier Daddy's !! Looks like fun!

Head Over Hills said...

That lools like so much fun. I know my girls would love that! Bell starts school on Monday too. It will be so hard to have her gone all day. Good luck!

Amberlee said...

I bet that Rex loves that the girls love his jeep too! They look cute riding in the back. I can't believe school starts in a couple of days... where did our summer go?

Anonymous said...

I have to admit the jeep is quite....rad!? Is that the word? Just kidding! It'll be an awesome guy magnet when the girls are older :)

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

It was so nice that I only had to read one post to be caught up on your blog! Thanks so much for your friendship Nichelle, it means so much to me and Thanks for the book, it was so thoughtful!!!! Rex is so talented with those old cars!