
I had been looking in the newspaper and Thrifty Nickel for one but they are really expensive dogs and I couldn't find one for under $800.00. I didn't want one that badly and Rex didn't want me to get one at all for that price. I was looking through the Thrifty Nickel last Thursday and I found an for ad MALE AKC Yorkie, 3 years old, proven stud, 2 1/2 pounds, $400. I thought that it was worth a call. When I called the number I got the voice mail of one of Rex's friends wife. I was super excited because she had told me once about her little Yorkies. She had told that they were such good dogs, but they were gone too much and she felt badly because the dogs were kenneled all day long. I called Rex right away and told him to call his friend and tell him that we wanted the male dog they had in the Thrifty Nickel. Rex called me back and said that they were going out of town for the weekend so I had to wait clear until Sunday night to get him. It was a long weekend because I was excited about getting him and so were the girls.

He has been such a good dog so far. We haven't had any accidents in the house and he is so good with the kids. My girls LOVE him they never leave him alone, he probably wishes that they would sometimes. I am happy that we found him, it has been so nice to not have to potty train a puppy {The real reason I decided that I had to have him is because he was already potty trained} and to be able to trust him not to get rough with the kids. We are happy to have him around!
16 comments:
Cute!!!
Carter saw the picture of Fred on my computer and he said "that's Tabrie's dog". I asked him if he likes Fred and he said "he's kind of cool and nice".
When I checked my bloglines and saw you posted, I was quite excited!!!He is pretty cute! That might be one dog my children are not afraid of!! The girls look like they are already in love!!!
That is the most adorable little dog. So cute. I love the photo where the girls are so excited to have him. So sweet.
My kids wish you were their mom. I have only said yes to a pet fish.
What a fun new addition to your family! He is the cutest little thing ever! It is great that you got a good deal on price and that he is potty trained...way to go!
Oh he is so darn cute!! I bet our girls are in HEAVEN! :)
Nichelle, I didn't peg you for a dog lover, but what is not to love about that cute little pup? My son would be jealous, but I think I'll stick to gummy sharks!I hope I'll see you today at activity days!
Fred is so cute! I am jealous, I really want a dog.
Wow girl! I am shocked to see that you have a dog...especially one that lives in the house! : ) Looks like the girls are way excited! Hope you get to love him for lots and lots of years!
Oh how cute! I bet your whole family is loving him. And already potty-trained! You can't beat that! My kids would LOVE a little dog like that. Congrats on the new member of your family. :)
Okay- he is cute... for a dog. I'm still shocked that you would have an inside pet. I am positive that that will never happen at my house so my kids will be jealous when they see your new little dog.
Yeah-what a cute little thing. I've never been a fan of little dogs, but I think Yorkies are so cute. Now you'll have to get a purse to carry him in, a sweater and hair accessories for him, and even a Halloween costume for him. It's like adding a new child to the family! Have fun-your girls look adorable as usual.
I want one too!! We have been looking at yorkies also-but I still love the idea of a maltese again. We miss our TEDDY! Let us know if you ever need a dog sitter when you have to go out of town.
You need a mother of the year award or something. What a cute puppy, my kids would go crazy for him. How fun!!
Well... I'm a little late reading this so the no accidents isn't true anymore!! (JK) He is so cute, my girls will never forgive me for not getting the girl!!
He is soooo cute! I don't want another dog but I would consider it if I found one that looked like Mr. Fred! CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!
Post a Comment