Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving!!

I just love Thanksgiving so much!! I love going to my parents or grandparents house and spending the day with my family. I am so blessed and I have so much to be thankful for. I have two beautiful daughters and I have a wonderful husband loves me and my kids more than anything. I have a beautiful home and I always have food to eat. I am so blessed to have the Gospel in my life and to have the blessing of an eternal family. I received this poem and it got me thinking that I need to work more on be grateful for what I have, rather than complaining about what I don't.

I am thankful....
For the taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed.

For the mess to clean after a party, because it means
that I have been surrounded by friends.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it
means I have enough to eat.

For my shadow that watches me work, because
it means I am out in the sunshine.

For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning,
and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.

For all the complaining I hear about the government,
because it means that we have freedom of speech.

For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot,
because it means I am capable of walking and that I have
been blessed with transportation.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

7 comments:

Amberlee said...

We do need to remember more often what we are thankful for. I love Thanksgiving too! Are you prepared for the mad rush on Friday morning?

The Michiganders said...

So glad you posted that. I really needed the reminder today. I especially liked the "mess" part. I always wanted a house full of kids. I need to look at the mess around me and be so grateful I have them in my home.

TEAM HATHAWAY said...

GREAT poem! Will you re-post it every other day, so I WON'T forget to be MORE grateful.

Brenda said...

I love that poem! I especially like the clothes too tight part, since after a cruise and Thanksgigving, the clothes are a bit more than a little tight. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!! Do you think we will still chat on the phone since we are no longer sisters joined in activity days? J/K- notice I wrote just kidding after I wrote that, so you would know I was joking this time:)

Alison said...

Those are wonderful thoughts! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

SueAnn said...

It is so easy to take things for granted, we need to be grateful everyday...somedays are easier that others!! :)

Anonymous said...

That was nice, thanks for the reminders :)