Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gingerbread house and other ramblings

This last week was crazy! The week didn't start off very well, but Rex and I were able to go to my company party in West Yellowstone for the weekend. It was so nice to get away and relax. My sister-in-law Kari kept our girls for us for the weekend. THANKS! We owe you! The girls had a great time playing with their cousins and Rex and I were able to get some much need relaxation after our not so great of a week! After we got home, on Sunday afternoon, we went to my Mom's house to make a gingerbread house and a gingerbread tree.

The girls had so much fun! My Mom helped the girls make theirs look just like the one on the box (thats what they wanted theirs to look like).

They were so excited to show everyone their finished product. I think it looks great!

I love those gingerbread kits! They come with everything you need to make the cute little gingerbread house.

We put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving but I wasn't able to get any pictures because my camera batteries died. :( The girls had so much fun decorating their tree. (We do two trees, one for the kids to decorate, and one for mom to decorate). They were so excited to put all of the Christmas decorations up. I love to watch them as we are putting stuff out. It is so cute how much they love decorating for the holidays. We are working on our plans for neighbor gifts now. Does anyone have a really fun and easy idea? I have a couple of ideas but I am not in love with any of them. If anyone has any great ideas I would love to hear them. I hope that you all are having a wonderful holiday season! Merry Christmas!!

14 comments:

Holly said...

Looks like fun! I need to go get a kit and let Brooklyn make one! :)

Chantri Keele- StudioCK Capture.Life Workshops said...

That is the cutest Ginger Bread House EVER! I love it. It looks YUMMY too! :)
I think Logan would totally enjoy doing something like that....but he'd be messy...I'd have to remember it for the fun, not the looks! he he!
Your girls are do dang cute.

Brenda said...

Glad you got a weekend to relax! I almost bought one of those gingerbread kits today! Now that I see how cute yours looks, I am going to have to go grab one. Looks like fun! My girls had a great time with your cute little ladies on Monday!

JANEAL said...

I miss my girls and so does Carter. They did a great job on their house and tree.....what a great grandma they have!

Amberlee said...

I bet your girls loved doing the gingerbread house- my kids would love that. I don't think that my boys would be quite as particular as your girls about what it looked like though! Getting away to West was nice and relaxing. Too bad the next one's not for another year!

Amber said...

Your girls are so cute. It is so fun to see how excited kids get for Christmas.

SueAnn said...

We have one of those kits, but I haven't had the energy for it quite yet! Yours turned out very cute!

TEAM HATHAWAY said...

I'm thinking I should so do this...my "to do list" is getting longer instead of shorter. This is why the holidays become stressful-right!?!? Maybe I'll wait for next year--yeah that sounds better.

TEAM HATHAWAY said...

Nichelle...we set our blog to private. Let me know if you want me to send you an invite. dr_hathaway@msn.com

Anonymous said...

Those are way cute! I'm glad you guys got to have a little vacation and that your week got better :)

Natalie♥ said...

Cute gingerbread house! You guys are pros compared to us, we need some more practice on making gingerbread houses. Thank you for the cute sugar cookie poem and sugar cookie mix that was such a cute idea, now santa will get some cookies on Christmas Eve!

Anonymous said...

OOh fun for you. And the gingerbread house looks FABULOUS! Have a great day and Merry Christmas!!

becky ward said...

we haven't see you guys for awhile. just wanted to thank you for the super cute and super thoughtful christmas "treat"! aren't you clever. thanks for thinking of us. hope you guys had a great holiday season!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Okay it has been far too long since I have seen my cute friend! Where the #$@% are you? I hope that your Christmas was so much fun and can't wait to see a post on it.

Happy New Year!!