
We had such a great 4th of July. We started off the day by going to the parade, my Dad is so nice he goes really early every year and sets up our chairs for us. The kids loved the parade, we asked them what their favorite part of the parade was and they said the cheerleaders.

After the parade we went and staked out a spot down by the river for the fireworks. We forgot the stuff and we didn't want to drive all the way home so we just stopped at Home Depot and bought some stakes and rope. After that we went up to my sister Janeal's house for a BBQ. We ate lots of yummy food and then the kids played on the slip n' slide. My girls loved it! Briley got cold and wanted to get dress after a while but, Tabrie would have played on it for hours. They had so much fun.


After the BBQ we went home and rested for a while, then it was off to the fireworks.
We picked up a pizza on our way to the river and ate it while we were waiting for the fireworks to start. Ed, Am, and their boys met us down there. The kids had a great time playing while we waited for the fireworks to start. When the fireworks finally started the kids laid down on a blanket and started watching the fireworks and all of them fell asleep. We had to wake the poor kids up to walk to the car. I felt bad. They fell right back to sleep on the drive home though. We waited in traffic for over an hour to get home. It was worth it to me the fireworks were so spectacular. I don't mind the crowds or the traffic, but Rex on the other hand gets rather annoyed.
I love the 4th of July, it is one of my favorite holiday's. I am so grateful to live in this free country. I am so thankful for the men and women who have sacrificed so that we can be free.
12 comments:
Cute CUTE pictures! I love the slip n' slide ones especially! I am glad you guys had a great 4th. I am pretty sad we didn't got to the big firework show in IF...i agree- it is worth the crowds and traffic.
Looks like tons of fun. I also love the slip and slide pictures. They are so cute.
I love the 4th also!! I'm glad your Dad was able to set up the chairs for you guys at the parade! Sounds like you had a ton of fun!
Looks like you had a great 4th! My kids love the parade too, and the Malelueca fireworks are the best! It's been a few years since we've been over to see them but they are definitely worth it. Cute pictures, I especially like the action shots on the slip and slide! Looks like tons of fun!
Cute pictures...haha! (don't worry I won't tell). Carter keeps asking when Tabrie and Briley are going to come over and do the slip n' slide again. I can't believe how much Tabrie loved it. If we do it on a warmer day I think Briley and Carter would like it better. See you tonight sis!
Looks like so much fun!
I also love the 4th of July. I am so glad I get to come be with my family for the parade and fireworks. Cute pictures! Your girls are so beautiful.
Hey there! your girls are so adorable. That is so great that you and your family have such solid traditions on the 4th. We are so scatterbrained on the fourth, it feels like we are all over the place!
Smile--I feel the same way about the fireworks and about living in such a blessed country. We are so lucky to live in America.
It was great to meet you at the picnic. I wish we would have had nore time to visit.
Great pictures of the girls they are sooo cute! It sounds like you had a blast.
Cute pictures! Tabrie is so brave in water, I love it! Looks like you all had a great day :)
I love the 4th of July, its fun to get out with family and just do fun things in the warm weather. Cute pictures of the girls on the slip-n-slide.
Post a Comment