Friday, August 22, 2008

Briley Turns 5!

Yesterday was a big day at our house. My baby girl turned 5!! I can hardly believe that she is 5 already. I can't believe how fast time goes by, it just seems like yesterday that she was born and now she is so big!

I think that she had a pretty good Birthday. She woke up in the morning to a room full of balloons! (Thanks for the great idea Am & Ed) After school she got a new Barbie bike which she had been wanting for some time now. She was so excited to try it out, but the wind was blowing so hard that when she tried to ride it she kept getting blown over so unfortunately she didn't get to ride it a very much yesterday.

We had a small birthday party for her at my Mom's house in the evening. We had pizza and my Mom made her this really cute crown cake.
After dinner she got to open the rest of her presents. She got a lot of really cute stuff, but much to my dismay she got this GIANT Dora from my grandma (I guess that makes it her great grandma). As you can see she is almost as tall a Briley and she is very heavy, I don't know where we are going to store that massive thing. She was very excited about it so I guess I should just be happy for her.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday Briley! Looks like she had such a fun day! I love her cake. And that huge Dora cracks me up! I bet she totally loves it. The bigger the better in kids eyes huh?! What a cute birthday girl!

JANEAL said...

Now Briley can talk to Dora all the time!

Brenda said...

What a cutie!! Looks like she made a haul, and I would almost say you were the mother of three with that big ol' Dora hanging around the house! We got one that was a little smaller one year, but we were so nice and gave it to Jessica's kids a year later!!HA! HA!

christine said...

That Dora is hilarious! Jordyn and Avery absolutely love Dora right now. I cringe when they want to watch it over and over! Your girls look adorable and I can't believe they are both in school all day.