Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our Weekend

We had beautiful weather on Saturday and we didn't even get a single thing done in our yard. :( We decided last week sometime that we need to get a new truck ours is really old (1979 to be exact) and just not economical, plus it is only a single cab and we have 4 people in our family. Rex had decide that we need to get one of 3 kinds of trucks so we set out early Saturday morning to test drive. It took us all day but we did finally get a new truck. Wow, was it a long day! I am so thankful for my girls. They had to tag along with us to all of the different car dealerships and they were so good. I am so blessed to have such good kids. I couldn't ask for better children, they are such a blessing to me. I had a wonderful Mothers Day, the girls were so excited Sunday morning to give me the gifts that they had made at school. Those are the best gifts, the ones that come from the heart. I loved what they made. Tabrie had planted some marigolds in a cup and made a sweet little card. Briley made this cute little thing that said "I love you this much" it was a heart with yarn and little cut outs of her hands you pull the hands to opposite sides so it looks like arms stretched out. I am so grateful to be a Mom and the blessing it is in my life. I couldn't have asked for anything more in life. My family is such a wonderful blessing to me. I have a wonderful husband who is so sweet to me and two beautiful girls. I think I am the luckiest girl alive. :)

10 comments:

Holly said...

So glad you had a great MOther's Day!! Hope you found the perfect truck too! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day! I loved those hearts from pre-school! Very creative I must say!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Finally Nichelle, where have you been all my life!! I think you fell off of the blog wagon and bumped that noggin of yours a little too hard! Keep the posts coming! I'm glad to hear you had a Fab Mothers Day,you really do have such good kids!

SueAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SueAnn said...

It's nice to hear from you, long lost buddy! How exciting to get a new truck...that is always fun. I am glad you had a good Mother's Day you deserve it!

Alison said...

Congrats on the new truck! It's always exciting to get something new, especially something big like that! And so cute about your Mother's Day from your girls. Everything they make is such a treasure!

Amberlee said...

Sounds like you've been a busy girl! I hope you had a great mother's day. I can't wait to see your new truck. New cars are so fun! If only someone could truly capture that "new car" smell in a bottle!

Natalie♥ said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day, you deserve it! You do have very good girls, and they are so cute too.

Smith Family said...

I am glad you had a great Mother's Day! I think we should be celebrated more often!!! ha ha ha

JANEAL said...

I can't wait until Carter makes me stuff in school for Mother's Day. It's about time you post something on your blog.